Table of Contents
The reporting tool described in this section is used to identify and troubleshoot any unexpected or erroneous behavior of the integration framework. Use the report generated by the tool to check the synchronization of entities and ensure the correct function of the integration.
The main features that the Integration Framework Report offers are:
- Showing which entity failed and why.
- Showing the relationship between two entities and the two different systems.
- Enabling corrective actions such re-syncing, or breaking the relationship between the interworks.cloud platform record and the third party system.
Locating the Integration Framework Report
The report page can be found in: BSS Setup → System Options → Integrations Systems.
Each active integrated system under Enabled Connectors has a Report option as seen in the figure below:
Before the first synchronization of the BSS platform with any third-party system, the report will be empty.
Interacting with the Integration Framework Report
After the first synchronization, the Report option takes the user to the report page. All the relevant information, concerning the integration framework which contains the entities is shown in the list:
- Instance: The name of the instance of the integration provider.
- Module: The data that can be sent during an integration belongs to specific Modules. This column contains all the available modules as a predefined list. For example, a specific integration provider cannot send/receive data for Accounts, but the Accounts module is still displayed. If selected via the filter, the results will be empty.
- Internal ID: The ID of each entity displayed on the interworks.cloud platform. This field is linked to the details of the related BSS record (e.g invoice or account).
- Internal ID for invoice or order items: For invoice or order items, this field has as value the ID of the related invoice or order. This facilitates the search for the records of a specific invoice or order since the result set will include its items too.
- Integration ID: The ID of the entity in the third-party system.
- Integration ID for invoice or order items: For invoice or order items, this field has as value the ID of the related record of the external system. This facilitates the search for the records of a specific invoice or order since the result set will include its items too.
- Status: The synchronization status for the specific record.
- success: Means that a link has been created between the two entities in the two systems.
- failed: Means that a connection between the two entities was either not created or not updated during the sync of the two systems.
- Comment: This column has values for the invoice and order items:
- For Invoice Items: Displays invoice items’ product Name, quantity and billing cycle.
- For Order Items: Displays order items’ product Name and quantity.
- Exception: The fields of this column are populated only if the status is failed. If so, they contain the reason for failure. It could be an error from the third-party system or an error on our side. The exception message is clickable and a pop-up window is displayed with the full message
- Sync date: Is the date that the connection was established or updated. It is displayed in the timezone of the BSS User that views the report.
The format of the date is not related to the date format options set by the BSS user viewing the report.
Searching and Filtering Options
Use the following options to narrow down your results set:
- Date Selection Fields: They are placed at the beginning of the page and you can use them to search for a specific period.
- Columns Filtering: Filtering is available for the columns: Instance, Module, Internal ID, Integration ID and Status.
- Multi-Sorting Capabilities: All columns have sorting capabilities and you can sort the results using multiple columns
Export to Excel
The results of the reporting tool can be exported to an excel file. The option is located in the top left corner.
The actions that are available for the records the connector synced with the third party system are the following:
- Break Link (available for both success and failed records). This action removes the connection between the BSS record and the third party system. After executing this action, the BSS record will be considered unsynchronized and the connector will try to push it to the third party system the next time it runs the PUSH Create action.
- Synchronize Immediate (available only for failed records) In case there is an issue with synchronization, this actions skips the RabbitMQ queue and goes directly to the API