After setting all the required information (Authentication, API paths and Objects), you can create an instance in the staging or production deployment of your third party system. Your BSS can be linked with multiple deployments of the same third party system.
Creation of a New Instance
An instance of an integration connector can be created from the Settings action in Enabled Connectors page.
From this action you can create one or more instances by specifying the required information. The example below is an instance which supports basic username/password authentication and has already defined the server variables in the transformation.
The information that must be specified is the following:
- Basic Information: The name of the instance.
- Servers: Select which server this instance will use. The drop-down menu will present all available values defined in the definition server object.
- Server Variables: This section will be present only if the variable server object is present in the definition. The default value can be overridden by entering the desired value in the textbox.
- Authentication: The fields shown depend on the type of authentication. This example shows basic authentication with username/password.
- Synchronization Options: All modules defined in the synchronization object will be present and the user can easily enable/disable any ability of a module by using this table. The available push and pull options here are derived from the data transformation schemas you have defined in the JSON document.
After you successfully create the instance, the lookup interface will become available for mapping fields between the two systems. This table enables the ability to create a mapping between the two systems for unsupported modules. The Module name, Internal Name, Internal ID and Integration ID will be shown for each supported lookup.
A lookup can be easily set up by entering the internal ID of the external system module inside the textbox. To delete a lookup, remove the value from inside the textbox and the lookup will be removed.
For the above example the transformation for payment type to use the look up would be:
- For push: “Payment_Type”: “#valueof($.payment.type.integrationId)”
- For pull: “Type”: “#valueof($.Payment_Type.Id)”