Table of Contents
The action Register new Application is available at Cloud BSS → Setup → Administration → System Options → Applications Setup.
The registration form includes the following fields:
- Application Name, Description, and Service Image: The minimum information required for registering a new application
- End Point Options. Depending on the nature of the service manager you wish to implement, there will be some endpoints that might not be necessary to be implemented. More details are explained in the following paragraph.
End Point Options
- Enable Account Management: You should implement the Account Management endpoints if you keep customer details in your system
- Enable Subscriptions Management: Subscriptions in our system represent purchases of recurring services. If you are selling recurring services, you will need to implement this endpoint set for managing the initial order, purchase of extra licenses, or cancellations.
- Enable Addons Management. This endpoint set is required if you are selling recurring services and these services have extensions/add-ons your customers can purchase.
- Enable Assets Management. Assets in our system represent license-based services that are purchased once and have an expiration date. If you are planning to create a service manager for such services, you will need to implement this endpoint set.
- Enable Users Management. This is a set of endpoints that enable your customers to manage the end-users of your service (for example, creation of a new end-user, assigning / de-assigning licenses to an end-user). If you implement these endpoints, the customers of your service will be able to manage their end users from the Workspace area of your distributor or reseller Marketplace. The experience your customers will have will be similar to the experience described in User Management for Microsoft Office 365.
- Pay Per Usage Management. If you are following the consumption-based model for charging your services, you should then implement this endpoint set.
- Reseller Support Enabled. If your business model is a 3-tier model (distributor → reseller → end customer), you need to enable this option for informing our platform that you support automatic provisioning of resellers. Check please Reseller Provisioning for more details.
By selecting Save, a new application is created and listed with other available applications, as shown below.
The integration service should validate all calls received using the Application ID – API Key combination provided by interworks.cloud when registering the application. This requirement is crucial for the security of the external application and the protection against possible vulnerabilities.
Application ID / API Key info is passed to each request made to the integration service using the following headers:
The Application Id and API Key are generated when you register your application and are accessible from the Edit Integration option.
Please keep the API key “private” and do not distribute or use the API key for creating multiple services.
De-activate your Application
If you deactivate your application, then all the provisioning actions your service manager supports will be disabled. For deactivating your application, you should select the Deactivate action from the Edit Integration page.
By confirming the deactivation of your application, your application will now be inactive, and it will be displayed on the list of the available application with a red dot.
Unregister your Application
Unregistering an application removes all configuration details related to the current application, including product types, variations, endpoint URLs, images, etc.
To unregister your application, select the Unregister Application action on the Edit Integration page.
The action cannot be completed if there are products in our system based on your service manager. In this case, a pop-up will be displayed with all the products based on product types derived by your service manager.